Thai – French Innovation Institute (TFII), it is a cooperation project between the Thai government. and the French government. The TFII is supporting unit of King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok (KMUTNB). To develop of technology in production process, to develop human resources in science and technology for industry in Thailand to increase capabilities Thailand industries. France gain benefit on long-term investment and to promote French modern technology to universities and industries in developing countries. It also strengthens the relationship between the two countries on science and technology.
“Leader in academic services and international technology research”
“Academic services are internationally accepted.”
“Organization of Excellence in Academic Services”
1. To be center for high technology and research for student and lecturers of King Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok.
2. To be training center for technicians, engineers, teacher from technical college and other students from public and private sectors in Thailand and countries in Southeast Asia.
3. To be center of machines, equipment and engineering in modern technology to transfer. by demonstration, research and training
4. To be center for technical consulting to industry
1. Training the TFII has organized training for the industry, education sector both domestic and abroad
2. Inspection and Testing the TFII provides testing and calibration by its laboratories.
2.1 The Welding technology department accredited laboratory TIS 17025-2548 (ISO / IEC 17025: 2005) for laboratory competence, certificate number 0374 from Thailand Industrial Standards in Chemical composite. Laboratory also provides testing of material properties and welding inspection.
2.2 The Corrosion technology department provides testing and consulting to industry in Thailand and abroad in various fields. Such as the PTT Exploration and Production Plc., TOTAL E & P, Royal can Industrial Co. Ltd., Swan Industrial (Thailand) Co., Ltd. and ICI (Thailand) Co. Ltd., Thai Parkerizing Co. Ltd., Thai-French Cooperation Program for Higher Education and Research T with the Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble (INP Grenoble)
2.3 The Metrology department established a mechanical calibration laboratory with supported from the French government through the Federation of Mechanical-Industries (FIM) and the Center Techniqu des Industries Mechanique , CETIM). Metrology department provides testing and calibration for industrial such as surface roughness by contact and non-contact technique, measurement straightness, cylindrical of shaft, calibration of pressure gauges.
2.4 The Electrical and Energy technology department certified by the Institute of skill development 13 (Bangkok) to be skill testing center and assessment competence center. The department has been set up training course on electrical installation in the building and Skill Testing, assessment competence electrician Level 1
3. Consulting Services, TFII has a network of academic cooperation to provide consultation both public and private. The consulting may include human resource development, such as workshops and practical training for the Royal Chitralada Projects, preventive maintenance program, store and data management system for production process with HACCP and GMP to ensure its process.
4. Teaching, the TFII provides laboratories for teaching for undergraduate level to do their special project including the automated manufacturing system laboratory, corrosion Laboratory and Renewable Energy Research Center for graduate students to do their thesis.
5. Research, the TFII has corrosion laboratory, renewable energy research center and automated manufacturing system laboratory to support KMBUTN’s student to do projects and thesis. TFII published both national and international journals and presented at national and international conferences.