The Thai-French Innovation Institute (TFII)
At a historic event at King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok, HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn graciously paid a visit to the University to lay the foundation stone of the Thai-French Innovation Institute on October 2, 1990. Two years later, on June 5, 1992, the princess presided over its official opening and visited an exhibition of modern machinery and equipment manufactured by French companies which was offered by the French government under the academic cooperation agreements.
The Thai-French Innovation Institute (TFII) was initiated as a supportive Administration Unit for King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok (KMUTNB). The main objectives are the development of technology in manufacturing processes and the improvement of human resources by providing guidance on selecting areas of professional expertise such as training, testing, calibration and consultation to industries. The TFII also supports KMUTNB lecturers and students in their special projects, theses and research. Furthermore, TFII has been conducting research activities in joint efforts with leading French universities so as to attain the vision “To become a leading university in science and technology renown at international level.” In collaboration with various institutions and organizations, TFII has conducted the following activities.
2. TFII has jointly conducted research and testing activities on corrosion technology with Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse and Institute for Tropical Technology, Vietnam. Consequently, TFII is able to cooperate with PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited and TOTAL E&P Thailand to set up the inhibitor testing laboratory to prevent corrosion in gas pipelines.
3. TFII has conducted research on manufacturing engineering in product design with Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble (INPG).
4. TFII has developed human resources in the field of welding and non-destructive testing at the international level with partners such as the international welding engineers (IWE) and Institut de Soudure (IS), and is a member of the International Institute of Welding.
The objectives of TFII are as follows:1. To be a training and research center in high technology for students and teachers of KMUTNB
2. To be a practical training center for technicians and engineers in local industries, as well as teachers and students from universities and technical colleges in Thailand and South East Asia
3. To promote French equipment and engineering, as well as to transfer technology through training, demonstration, or research
4. To provide technical consultancy services to local industries
Contact UsLocation: Building Thai-French
Contact number: 02-555-2000 Ext. 2501-2